We recently had a chance to sit down with Neiman Marcus’ Fashion Director Ken Downing. Downing, who issues Neiman’s trend report each season, was passionate about one color in particular this season: juicy, refreshing orange.
We approve of the citrus-colored shade. (It looks great with a our blue ocean backdrop.) Here are a few of our picks available at Town Center:
1. This Alice + Olivia orange lambskin leather skirt can be dressed to match your mood. No easy feat for a bold color...and fabric. Pair this number with a pale blouse for an innocent day-look, or toss on a black leather jacket (and stiletto heels) for a wild night.
2. If you’re worried orange just isn’t your color, you can still hop on this trend in subtle ways. These Reed Krakoff ballet flats have a reserved pop of color on the toe. Pair these puppies with jeans or a light blue sundress.
3. We’re sorry, did you say subtle isn’t your style? You want color and you want it loud? We have a pick for you too, simmer down sassy. These Giuseppe Zanotti booties are screaming your name. Burnt orange and covered in fringe, everyone’s attention is going straight to your feet.
4. Diane von Furstenberg kills the colorful competition with this orange and white silk dress. The nude shoe shown looks nice, but we’d be tempted to wear some sky blue flats with this ensemble.
5. Are you feeling fearless? Look at these crazy orange print pants! Rebecca Minkoff created these breezy, wide-legged pantalones. They are not everyone’s cup of tea, but we love them.
6. This mammoth necklace is a must-have for every South Florida woman. Wear this statement jewelry with a turquoise tunic while shopping Atlantic Avenue or grabbing a couple of pina coladas by the sea.
7. Things we love: Skulls, Alexander McQueen, knuckle clutches, snakeskin and the color orange. Oh? Would you look at that! This little number has all of our favorite things!
8. Here is another pop of color option. Leave your boring watches at home and slip on this Salvatore Ferragamo sparkling quartz watch. Count how many people ask you for the time.
9. These Manolo Blahnik pumps are too delicious not to own. Ripe and soft to the touch, we are confident these heels would not leave our feet for days on end.
10. We’ll end on a rich note...Rich in color! This dark orange Halston gown is stunning. Elegant, with a touch of flirty flavor, this dress has just the slightest train and a beautifully draped back.