Plan For Your Weekend Cocktails at iPic and Cantina Laredo
Summer flicks just got a fizzy leg up at iPic
Yes, the summer movie season is here, and while we’re not counting on Oscar-worthy treats on the screen, at Boca Raton’s iPic Theater, you can count on top-level food and drinks and those go a long way toward making you appreciate what you’re watching.
You may have seen my interview with iPic’s Executive Bartender/Corporate Sommelier Adam Seger in last year’s July Boca mag. He’s a mixer extraordinaire, with a creative cocktail line all his own. He’s come up with specials for April/May/June at the theater, and here’s his lineup:
- April: A Belvedere Fizz (pictured) with Belvedere vodka, caramelized spice syrup, vanilla, orange oil, fleur de sel (lux with Belvedere Unfiltered Rare Single Estate Dankowskie Diamond Rye Vodka). I need a drink just listing the ingredients!
- May: El Mas Curioso is made with Astral Wild Yeast blanco tequila, Singani 63 muscat brandy, yuzu, mint, za’atar and La Boite Mishmish rim.
- June: Gin Spritz is made with Beefeater gin, Balsam sweet vermouth, soda, lemon and rose water.
Go and have one–or two–for me! Available at all iPics (301 Plaza Real, Boca Raton; 561/299-3000).
Early Cinco de Mayo specials now at Cantina Laredo
I know Cinco de Mayo is a few weeks away, but let’s start celebrating early because, face it, it’s been a week! That kind of a week.
Cantina Laredo in Hallandale (501 Silks Run; 954/457-7662) has a new line of craft cocktails appearing now through May 5. Included are:
- 3 G’s Please – Sauza Tres Generaciones Plata Tequila, lemon juice, simple syrup, orange bitters, muddled strawberries, and a tequila strawberry boat float ($13).
- Cabo Flip – Cabo Wabo Reposado Tequila, Grand Marnier, lime, with a lime boat float ($12.75).
- Sunshine Margarita – 1800 Silver Tequila, Grand Marnier, agave nectar, orange, lemon and lime juices, with Grand Marnier lemon boat float ($12).
Lynn Kalber was raised in Boca Raton and has always worked in Palm Beach and Broward counties. She is a career journalist, with 26 years at The Palm Beach Post alone, where she wrote feature and food articles, edited the food section and wrote about wine as part of the Swirl Girls. She lives in West Palm Beach with her husband, writer and author Scott Eyman.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.